Hope you are doing well back home. We are very happy to post your request ‘Simi daal” for this month. Hope you will make at home and get me back with your comment. I remember you wanted this recipe to use it as a soup at home in winter to make you warm before your dinner or supper. Yes, this is really a good idea. Or you can cook rice and veg to use this daal.
Actually cooking daal of all kind is almost the same. You can make daal of different kind of lentil grains. Like green daal ( mung), black daal ( Maas ), Yellow daal ( rahar or chana or Musuri). You can make daal with different beans as well. It is good changing the kind as we use two times a day as a main course, daal bhat in Nepal.
1. Simi ( red beans) either kept in water overnight ( it’s easier to cook if it is kept in water overnight ) about a bowl for two
2. Some turmeric powder about one small spoon.
3. Some salt as your taste
4, Some oil ( mustard oil is better) about two one big spoon
5, Some cumin about one small spoon
6. Some water about 4 bowls
7. some chopped garlic about one spoon
In the picture we kept two bowls of beans, one is kept in water over night and one is dried. If you have pressure cooker you can cook it dried . If not you are cooking in other pot you need to use the one with kept in water overnight. Put simi in cooker and put water and salt, turmeric powder and cook it in medium or low flame , when it is cooked well. Make a small pan hot and put mustard oil, then make it hot. After that you need to put cumin to fry until it is black brown and put the chopped garlic to fry till it is brown. Now put that to the daal and stir it . Your daal is ready, serve it hot with rice of roti.This is normal daal bhat we eat twice a day here in Nepal. I ate it after posting to you !! super delicious ….yummy yummy yummy!!
- Yoga my medicine!!
- My Bungy in my memory !!
- Simi daal( lentil) , dedicated to Sabine and Arthur Spooner from Australia!
- Lungs fry!! Newari snack !!
- Mixed chatamari (Newari pizza)
- Buff keema curry (MOM’s recipe)
- Yoga my medicine 15
- Gathemangal/ Ghantakarna, funny festival
- Mom’s recipe 2 (Colocassia leaves)
- Yoga my medicine 14